This week I had a somewhat hurried depart for Helsinki – thanks to a misunderstanding with my client, I learned about my flight details only 90 minutes before take-off.
As luck wants, I was leaving from the airport closest to where I live, meaning I was at the gate with time to spare. However, I realised I have become sloppy with some of basic traveling golden rules, which therefore I sum up again here as an aide-memoire.
- Travel gear always in ready mode – this means a two day change already in the bag, including light sweater; throw in a couple of shirt and I’m good to go in <5′.
- Never-ever take my toiletry bag, nor my travel pillow-cum-rain jacket out of the bag.
- Carry on bag should be half-empty to accommodate briefcase: too may airlines have become fiscal on the one bag thing to afford the risk of having your bag snatched at boarding time.
- Passport ALWAYS in the briefcase’ front pocket
- Backup power bank in the briefcase and the backup’s backup in the bag, while I await delivery of my Space Case
- Should I purchase an “extreme emergency” power brick to leave in the bag at all times?