…in building your profile.
After years of denial, the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction: now everybody needs, wants must have a great SoMe profile; now sporting a LinkedIn address on your biz card is not nerdish anymore, nor is iPadding at a meeting or tweeting during someone else’s presentation. SoMe are definitely here to stay.
As with many other frontier memes turned mainstream, however, this is attracting Joe N00b; in his frantic quest for SoMe creds, Joe is following countless “just add water” profile-building shortcuts, making a perfect nuisance of himself. Here is how to spot (and avoid) him.
- the only posts you see from him are the ones where he says: “Hi, just posted this article on my blog”
- his following count grows in hundreds per day
- shamelessly comment trolls and linkbaits hundreds of threads
- his bio is either 2 lines or 20 pages long
- never hear him tweeting or posting about anything personal