Royal Pingdom found 29 social networks with more than one million visitors per day; the data is as of feb, 2011 but I think it still testifies the fact that I am not the pro I thought I was.
- I am a member of
67 (Update 1: I found I am on Orkut as well)
- I had heard of another
- I had no idea the remaining 14 even existed
Surprises for me:
- Orkut has 51M daily visitors? really ?
- Odnoklassniki (the russian equivalent of Classmates.com with a FB flavor) is not much larger than business-oriented vKontakte
- Qzone (chinese MySpace) has 480 million members and is way larger than Renren (chinese Facebook), clocking in 12 times its daily visitors
- Hyves, Tuenti and Renren attract about the same traffic – all three popular in one country only, but the countries are Holland, Spain and China
Update 2: a couple of friends replied so I propose a simple self-scoring system: 2 points for each membership, 1 point for each “heard of”. In the comments, thank you.