Sunday is my FB day – throughout the week at most I respond to requests, if that; on sunday I make a point of checking out what my friends are up to, which in itself it’s a rewardng thing. And every single week it takes me less than 10 minutes on Facebook to remember why I hate it: the ugliest UI ever conceived by man (or woman).
- I hate the “Where am I?” feeling
- I hate not understanding the difference between comments to links, wall posts, superwall, notifications
- I hate receiving messages like “XYZ commented – follow this link to respond” and finding myself somewhere different from where I thought I would be
- I hate FB apps. In the beginning I thought they were cool, as they allowed anyone to extend FB’s capabilities – now I understand how wrong I was: unleashed anarchy produces a cacophony of crap apps, hundreds of which do the same thing; nobody’s in charge, anything goes
- I especially hate how they impregnate my friends if by pure accident I click on a “Confirm” button
- I hate how FB allows everybody and his brother to hijack the UI and pretend they’re FB to trick you into doing something you wouldn’t otherwise do; I hate how they’re betraying the social network spirit to stay on the money side
- I hate multiple streams, I hate their twitteresque nature without the cleanliness of Twitter’s UI
- I hate groups, I think they DO NOT do any good to the understanding of Social Media
There! I said it. Ahhh, that feels better !!